Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lady M Cake Boutique

Lady M
41 E 78th St
New York, NY 10021
(212) 452-2222

I love Lady M, but be prepared to walk out with a thinner wallet - this place is pricey! $7.50 for a slice of cake, $6.00 for an iced-tea PLUS 18% gratuity fee? Ouch. Furthermore, no photos were allowed to be taken anywhere in the shop...but that didn't stop me. Upon entering, I strategically hid my camera in my bag so that I could snatch a few shots; and as you can see from the pictures, the place is absolutely adorable. The small round tables and limited seats placed around the tiny boutique shop are great for small gatherings, preferrably two-three people. The store's white theme also gives the place a clean, elegant and modern feel.
The cakes were not mind-blowing, but delicious nonetheless. The strawberry shortcake was great as it had a very asian taste to it - not too sweet and made with very fresh ingredients. The only difference was that I could've probably bought something very similar for a quarter of the price in Chinatown. On the other hand, their famous Mille Crepe cake looked super rich with all the creme, but it's surprisingly light and fluffy. I wouldn't recommend the drinks from Lady M though, just the cakes.

Overall: 4/5

5 comments:

  1. hehe you got lazy with such a short post or maybe we should blame lady m for having such a strict no picture policy! thank you for being so brave in taking those pics! one should dress all white just like that woman and go camaflouge in the place! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do not underestimate the importance of stealth photography :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummyy~ The Mille Crepe looks delicious! I'd like to try this place sometime.

    I like this post (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! you should go and try their other flavors :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh yummmmmy! Mille Crepe! Take me there when i come visit!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails