Friday, August 13, 2010

JW's California

Pacific Place, 88 Queensway
Admiralty, Hong Kong
(JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong - 5th floor)
(852) 2810-8366


Voted by Luxe Dining as one of Hong Kong's best restaurants of 2010, JW California is your ultimate one-stop-shop to fine dining for a good price (buffet style!). Lobster, sashimi, oyster, lamb chop, wagyu beef, and foie gras are a few but top signature dishes that the restaurant offers. Even though it is on the pricey side, approximately $60-$70 usd per person, you will soon realize that $60 is a small price to pay for the quality of food you get! There was no doubt that I stacked up on the lobsters, wagyu beef, and foie gras...which easily turned out to be more than $70 per person. The beef was very good, but make sure you order a level down your usual steak "doneness" since they tend to overcook the meat. The abolone and scallops were also very fresh, and came by paper orders (with no extra cost). A good suggestion is to order by the bulk instead of a few pieces.

The juice bar was one of my favorite stations. I managed to try all of the drinks offered. My top list would be the mango juice and white sangria. The placement of the food and stands were cute and modern, and the waiters were all very attentive. The manager on the floor that day also looked like some model from a GQ magazine. What's a little disappointing was the lighting of the area, which was purple. Even though purple is my favorite color, it really made the place look like a cheap diner.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try all the desserts that were available on the display stand (by that point I had already used up my dessert stomach). However, I still managed to take a few bites out of the wide selections of pastries that were available. Some of the more interesting ones were the green tea s'mores and taro cake. yumO!

I can't say too much about their set meals, which are also offered, but I can tell you that their buffet is well worth the price! I wouldn't say I was impressed by the food per se, but more so at the variety of high end food they offered at an all-you-can-eat-buffet. If you are a value eater who enjoys good food then I would definitely recommend this place! Below are a few snapshots I managed to capture from my plate. :)

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails