Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blue Ribbon Brasserie

Blue Ribbon
97 Sullivan St
New York, NY 10012
Tel: 212-274-0404

On a Thursday night, my foodie partner and I ventured our way to South Village. We had read about Blue Ribbon and wanted to give it a try. We arrived at the restaurant around 6:45pm and were seated immediately. The place is the perfect spot for dates and small gatherings; the environment is warm and exudes a cozy ambiance. Our waiter was very attentive and  friendly - he recommended a dish that I would definitely not miss out on: Beef Bone Marrow and Oxtail Marmalade served with warm toast. The oxtail marmalade tasted like a chunk of warm, gooey, fatty...goodie, to say the least. The marmalade mixed with the beef marrow spread on warm toast was like I died and went to food heaven. We finished the entire plate between two people (meant for three) with no problem!


Their raw oysters (from the east and west coast) were decent - the dish came with three types of sauce. I am unable to pinpoint it exactly, but I think I'd prefer east coast oysters more than west coast oysters. They're both delicious, though. I would recommend this dish if you're unsure of what to order and want to play it "safe" : )
My partner and I shared the entree: Hanger Steak with wild mushrooms and onion rings; and they were nice enough to split the portions for us. The steak wasn't extraordinary, though so I personally wouldn't order it again. I would love to try their Roasted Duck next time.
As for desserts, we ordered the Creme Brulee and it was delicious!! Blue Ribbon officially holds the best creme brulee award (so far) on my list! The dessert was a little bit chilled - which made everything more intact and less heavy when consumed. I don't like my creme brulee served room temperature/warm because that tends to bring out the extra sweetness which I don't like.

They also have a wide variety of wine selection. We ordered a bottle of their red wine for $80 - in terms of ROI, it was much more worthy than ordering by the glass. Overall, the experience at Blue Ribbon was wonderful and I am happy to say that I'll be going back in a few days!

Overall: 4.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Yummy can I join you next time you go grab the duck? Hm~~~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails