Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spot Dessert Bar

13 St. Mark's Pl
Manhattan, NY 10003
(212) 677-5670

Not a bad place to relax and catch up. While there were a good variety of desserts to choose from, my friend and I settled on the 'seasonal dessert tapas' - where we chose three desserts to share. We ordered the soft cheesecake, white miso semifreddo, and chocolate marquis. Don't be fooled by the word 'tapas', the portions were generous! The simplicity and serenity of the restaurant makes it a good spot for a date and a fun place to hang out.


The Soft Cheesecake was unconventionally presented, but I loved it! The cup thing didn't last long, though. We ended up pouring the entire thing out of the cup since it was way too inconvenient to eat. The cheescake was good - not too thick; and paired with the right amount of walnut cookie crumbs.





Next, we had the White Miso Semifreddo w/ olive oil cake raspberries and candied sesame. This was probably my favorite dessert out of the three - the cake and frozen custard was delicious. The cake wasn't dry at all and the sorbet on the side was refreshing.

For our last dish, we got the Chocolate Marquis w/ alfonso mango tapioca and yakult ice-cream. I was really excited when I saw the yakult ice-cream (for those who don't know what it is - the taste is similar to pinkberry frozen yogurt). The presentation was nicely done - I liked the contrast of the black plate and red/gold flakes sprinkled on top of the cake and plate.

As for drinks, I got the 'Homemade Raspberry Soda' and my friend got the 'Hot Thai Milk Tea'. I'll be back to try their cupcakes!

Overall: 3/5

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails