Monday, December 28, 2009

A Diamond in the Rough

Mahzu Sushi Bar and Restaurant
624 W Main St
Norwich, CT 06360
(860) 889-8288

All I can say is...this sushi restaurant saved my life. Initially, I thought this was going to be another one of those very cheesy "americanized" asian restaurants; but to my surprise, it was completely authentic! While the restaurant looks shabby and plain on the outside it is in fact, very cozy and welcoming when you step inside-- with waiters and waitresses greeting you left and right. The indoor decor of the restaurant is still very cheesy...but that's besides the point. Located in Norwich, CT (aka:the boonies/in the middle of nowhere) this place has saved my poor tastebuds (MANY times) from the lack-of good food that I missed so much during my short stay in Connecticut.

I've tried a variety of their sushi rolls and all of them were delicious - specifically, the dragon, unagi, and soft shell crab rolls. One of the best dishes they make is the Ten Don w/ rice..I haven't tried a Ten Don that is fried so close to perfection. This place is decently priced and the best deals are their lunch specials. Compared to some of the other fast-food sushi restaurants in NYC that are made too hard to chew, Mahzu sushi is fresh and made right on the premises. Go here on Sundays for all-you-can-eat sushi (only $18.99)-- for the ones with a bottomless appetite ;)

Overall: 3.5/5 (the extra .5 for making my year-long stay in Norwich somewhat more pleasant)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails