Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first!"

Mike's Pastry
300 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113
(617) 742-3050

My sis and I took a trip to Boston last weekend and instead of going to lunch first, we drove straight to Mike's Pastry (woohoo!!) Located in the North End, the Italian neighborhood of Boston, Mike's Pastry is one of the most popular dessert destinations my friends and I would go to during our college years. Most of my friends love their cannoli, but I'm not sure if I feel the same way..their cannoli tends to be pre-filled and thus, it can be soggy at times (ew). So far, my favorite is the whoopie pie (mind you, it's 2x the size of a normal whoopie pie) and the cream in the middle is just oh-so-fluffy and not sickly sweet. Their almond macaroons are also a plus.



The place isn't a wallet breaker either: 2 macaroons, 1 whoopie pie, 1 boston cream puff, 1 chocolate cupcake only cost me $7.00! Btw, Mike only accepts cash..so be sure to bring lots and lots of it when you visit! :D

Overall: 3.5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails