Monday, December 28, 2009

"I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert!" - Jason Love

Magnolia Bakery
401 Bleecker St
New York, NY 10014
(212) 462-2572


If not for Sex and the City, I wouldn't have known about this place! In all honesty though, I think the bakery is overrated. There are so many other mom & pop stores around NYC that are 10x better than this commercialized bakery. The store on Bleecker street is always packed - so if you are looking for a place to start a heart to heart conversation, this is not the place to be. Besides, they don't even give you the option to sit...it's a grab-n-go kind of deal. I wasn't too impressed with the cupcakes either (perhaps the red velvet can pass), but the main reason I am blogging about Magnolia is not because of what they are known for (cupcakes) but because of the store's Banana Bread Pudding - which is probably the best dessert inventions, ever! Personally I love banana and bread cake...who knew that mixing the two would be so heavenly?

Warning: too much of the pudding can result in sugar overdose, so it is suggested to consume slowly, and preferrably with a glass of milk :)

Cupcakes: 2/5 (Sorry, Carrie Bradshaw, but I would have to disagree with you on this one)
Banana Pudding: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails