Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!

Sarabeth's West
423 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10024
(212) 496-6280


Good brunch, friendly staff members, and cute decor ♥ This is my third visit to Sarabeth's West and despite the usual wait (they don't take reservations), I was still as excited as a fat kid who is ready to dive into a 3 layered cake. Those who hate crowds however, should probably skip this place because I guarantee you, there will be a crowd with a wait of approximately 20 - 30 minutes. My favorite entrée, the Eggs Benedict w/ Salmon-- Irish smoked salmon and Hollandaise sauce, topped with peppers and chives--is the ultimate indulgence. I would also add that their waffles, buttermilk pancakes, and french toast spread with fresh strawberries and bananas are all equally delicious. I wouldn't recommend their omelettes though, as I did not recall anything special when I tried them on my first visit. My friend ordered "Sarabeth’s Famous Velvety Cream of Tomato Soup" - and trust me, it's equivalent to a whole entrée, their soup portions are huge and extremely hearty & filling. The soup tasted nothing like the common tomato soup though...it was rich and creamy (yum!) and reminded me of lobster bisque w/ a hint of tomato after taste. Overall, I would say the service was adequate and the food was good and delightful, but not superb.


I still have yet to try "The Almond Encrusted French Toast"..which is only served on the weekends. Oh well, there's always next time!

Overall: 3/5




2 comments:

  1. P. Lee I am impressed. Your insight is great, your delivery is fun to read, and your photos are also fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) it was great to go out with you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails