Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brunch is the new Black!

Elephant & Castle
68 Greenwich Ave
New York, NY 10011
(212) 243-1400

Classes resume tomorrow - what does this mean? Treat myself to a nice meal, of course! This cute little Irish restaurant (with its sister restaurant located in Dublin, Ireland) is now one of my new favorite places! Although PACKED on a Sunday (despite below freezing weather), I loved the ambiance of the restaurant..which felt extremely relaxed and homey. You can find all kinds of people and groups at E&C: ranging from families and college students to businessman and young professionals. Despite a line, we were lucky enough to be seated almost immediately after we arrived (a short ten minute wait).

The one reason why I love Elephant and Castle is because they make THE most unique eggs benedict..ever! Anyone who knows me, KNOWS that I love my eggs benedict (aka cholesterol on a plate). I ordered the "Eggs and Apples Benedict on French Toast with Maple Syrup", while my friend got the same thing (but with additional bacon sandwiched in between). The salty and sweet combination may seem like a whacky combo, but after tasting it today, I would like to commend E&C for being so adventurous w/ their creativity.

Their orange juice was okay - a little bit too "pulpy" for my taste (at least you know it's fresh), but my friend's caffe latte was..may I add, a size of a soup bowl! Therefore, a "cup" of coffee really means a "bowl" of coffee at E&C (talk about a DOUBLE bang for your buck..KA-CHING $$!)

Overall, their menu has a lot to offer (even for vegetarians) and the place is cute and cozy (yes, I'm repeating myself)...I highly recommend Elephant & Castle! Next time: HOT CIDER is on the list!

Overall: 4/5

6 comments:

  1. Hey Pam! Good job with the pictures. I didn't realize you were such a gourmet, the descriptions are awesome. Do you take notes as you're eating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope! it's all in the head, haha. when are we going to thai kitchen?! i miss that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I seriously did not know you were such a foodie! Your blog is much better than many of the ones out there, and I read a lot out there! I'm really impressed with your descriptions. Looks like I have a new person to go out with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks jennifer! i can be your eating buddy..ANYTIME (after all, u know where the good food's at) :P when can i blog about YOUR food? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait a minute... i need to join in on the eating buddy-ness thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew, anytime! I would love to finally put a face to your name!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails