Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kitchenette

Kitchenette Uptown
1272 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10027
(212) 531-7600
http://www.kitchenetterestaurant.com/
Kitchenette definitely did their marketing homework because I was completely charmed by the decor of this place. This adorable little establishment, located near Columbia University, is everything a girl would love: cookies in a jar, pastries, cakes, pink, and polka-dots...aww!!

The food was mediocre. I would say I enjoyed my drink (peppermint hot chocolate) much more than my Smoked Mozzarella Omelet. The omelet, filled with artichoke hearts and roasted red pepper pesto, was decent but lacked flavor. I enjoyed their biscuit and strawberry butter - but again, it's nothing to write home about. Their blackberry cherry pancakes were good but the cake was a little bit on the dry side. ANDDDD..what's the whole hype about their cheese grits?!? They tasted very bland and reminded me of chinese congee...totally overrated!
Onto the service....While I understand it can get very crazy on a Sunday afternoon, the service was inconsistent and flaky - first, they forgot my friend's drink (peppermint macchiato - very yum, btw) and then messed up my side-order (but I was compensated so I'm not going to complain more lol)

Overall, a decent meal with HUGE portions (extra credit). I think I will be back again to try their desserts!


Overall: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure if this is the one near Columbia but the one in my area sells very good desserts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind u mentioned CU. my bad :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails