Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Maison Boulud - A Beijing Episode

Maison Boulud
Ch'iennmen 23|23
Qianmen Dongdajie
Beijing, China 100006
(86-10) 6559-9200


When I first stepped into the restaurant, I was almost 99% convinced that the bf had brought my most beloved fairytale (Beauty and the Beast) to life. The staircase looked exactly like the one in the Disney movie..except this one was real! :) So after being overly excited for a good minute or two, I finally snapped back to reality and realized it was actually Daniel Boulud's restaurant...in Beijing! (Even better!!)
Though I had a fever that day, I still managed to finish all of my food - kudos to me! I can't recall the food being exceptionally good though (probably because I was sick and jet-lagged)...but the service was excellent and the atmosphere was even more admirable - with huge paintings hung on the wall, chandeliers, dimmed lighting...it was "muy romantico"! The food was definitely presented nicely, and the waiters and waitresses all spoke perfect English - a scarce talent in BJ.

Overall: 3/5

The pictures can speak for themselves!:)

1 comment:

  1. u letting the pics do all the work! we need to bring ur new camera and no jet lag and a better stomach and try them out again, okok?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails