Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Gluttonous Morning

Clinton St. Baking Company
4 Clinton St
New York, NY 10002
(646) 602-6263


YES, CSBC is a GREAT place to be for breakfast lovers. Due to its popularity, I don't think it is necessary for me to rave about this place..BUT I do want to say that their blueberry pancakes are to DIE for. The fluffy and soft pancakes topped with blueberry jam and maple butter is simply divine! For the main course, I ordered the Southern Breakfast (comes with: scrambled eggs, sugar-cured bacon, cheese grits, fried green tomatoes) while my foodie partner got her Country Breakfast (comes with: scrambled eggs, ham steak, potatoes, and buttermilk biscuit). Both dishes were cooked perfectly, the sugar cured bacon was crispy and flavorful; and the cheese grits was soooo delicious! Their buttermilk biscuit paired with fresh strawberry jam was also a treat. I would go back here for their french toast w/ caramelized bananas...ooooohhh the indulgence : )


The service was average. Our waitress wasn't too friendly..she didn't even show a hint of enthusiasm when we asked her to take a photo of us. Oh well, I could care less about the service when their food is THIS delicious!

Note: February is Pancake Month, which means they feature a different special pancake flavor every Monday thru Friday...woohoo!!

Overall: 4/5




5 comments:

  1. hmm looks good. now i'm hungry for pancakes. haven't had them in a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me wish I'm there in NYC... i want yummy blueberry pancakes! >=(

    ReplyDelete
  3. will take the both of you here when you guys visit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I licked my raspberry jam clean from my little take-out container. They were right about everything being good at CSBC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum yum! ooh, was it raspberry jam? oops, i thought it was strawberry :P can't for our next food eating episode :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails