Friday, January 8, 2010

Hello Kitty does not make a good chef

Hello Kitty Sweets Cafe
Sec. 1, Da-an Rd. 90
Taipei, Taiwan
(02) 2711-1132


If you're not a fan of the color pink, be prepared to wear sunglasses upon arrival because the shades of pink used in this restaurant will definitely blind you in an instant. The place reminded me of a real-life 'Sanrio Wonderland'.

My friends and I were seated in a HOT PINK (woo-lala) booth and to be honest, it was kind of like Halloween all over again because to my surprise, all of the waitresses were dressed as CATS. Yes, I know Hello Kitty is a cat, but seriously...? Yes, it was pretty funny.

After we ordered, my friends and I began to examine the ghettoness of the hello kitty chandelier - which looked more like strangled kitties trapped between plastic diamonds - when we heard a scream from the table next to us, "Don't put your boogers on that seat!!!".......................

Onto the food: I got the Chicken Pesto Pasta while my two other friends got the Bacon and Cheese Pasta and The Hello Kitty Hamburger (cutest thing ever). Sure, everything was cute, but the FOOD itself did not taste the same way, everything was watered-down and GREASY. Out of all three dishes, the Hello Kitty Burger was probably the best-- a burger that was comparable to a McDonald's cheeseburger. A total disappointment.

Hello Kitty Burger
The price? Expensive!! I can't believe I paid almost 600NT (~$18) for this meal. I guess there's a reason why it's called Hello Kitty "Sweets" Cafe. I haven't tried their cakes yet, but I don't plan on trying it anytime soon.



Overall: 1.5/5 (terrible food)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails